Learning Delivery Mode - Virtual Cooking Class
This mode of learning is also known as virtual learning or a virtual classroom. It is similar to face to face training, except you attend via video using Zoom or similar software. You will have a structured “class” to attend virtually.
Australian Native Ingredients Experience
Australian Native Ingredients Experience at a glance
There is no better way to share culture and connection than bringing people together with food.
Australia's Aboriginal culture represents the oldest living culture in the world. It varies throughout the continent in terms of language, tools, foods, the arts and so much more. The Australian Native Ingredients Experience will give you a glimpse into the culture, why connection to country is so important and introduce you to some of the champions of native ingredients as they share their stories.
This hands-on cook along experience takes place over a period of 1.5 hours with an experienced cook showing you techniques and answering your questions live.
Menus have been designed using pantry items and average shopping items, plus Australian Native Ingredients from the spice box. We ask that you purchase the remaining ingredients in advance for the class. Your recipe and notes will give you an indication of the equipment required; these are usually items that you will have on hand in the average home kitchen.
Have fun together and our team members look forward to welcoming you online!
- A gift box featuring a selection of 14 Australia Native spices and fruit powders in a combination of 3 – 30gm packs all ethically sourced from The Australian Superfood Co. In 2020 The MasterChef pantry was stocked with their range of native ingredients.
- A recipe book, with ideas, inspiration, and techniques to use your ingredients from chefs like Mark Olive (aka the Black Olive), Sashi Cheliah winner of MasterChef 2018, and other Indigenous and multicultural chefs.
- Access to carefully curated videos by our native ingredient and cultural champions offering cultural understanding, knowledge sharing and masterclasses on each ingredient. Presenters include cultural educators, artists, chefs and businesses telling their Aboriginal stories.
- Exclusive access to our Facebook group, through which you will meet like minded people, share recipes, learn techniques, and make connections.
- Purchase the Package online and our team will contact you to confirm your preferred start date.
- Classes start regularly on Tuesdays (subject to availability)
- Your spice box will then be delivered to your door
- 5 – 7 days before each class you will receive the recipe note, ingredients list and cooking equipment required.
Start Date - Tuesday
Duration – 1 Week
Session time – 5pm start
You will then join the class on your chosen date. It’s fun, interactive, helps you learn new skills and most of all bring together various cultural backgrounds through food.
Please take into account that no class recordings are provided. If you do not cancel or reschedule your spot in advance we are unable to offer a recording.