Learning Delivery Mode - Virtual Training
This mode of learning is also known as virtual learning or a virtual classroom. It is similar to face to face training, except you attend via video using Zoom or similar software. You will have structured “classes” to attend virtually.
Communication Skills at a glance
Learn to understand how you communicate, how others communicate and how to adjust your communication style to meet their needs. Discover how effective communication is greatly improved by understanding communication preferences based on personality type, and learn how to overcome some common obstacles to effective communication.
After completing this course, participants will:
- Gain insight into their individual personality type and communication preferences by using our proprietary REACH profiling tool
- Learn to recognise other people's personality types and communication preferences
- Learn to adjust your own communication approach based on need and situation
- Understand barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them
- Learn how to effectively utilise pitch, tone and speed
- Master the S.T.A.R. method for speaking on the spot
This interpersonal Communication Skills training course will ensure that your colleagues, friends and family will receive your message clearly, which should improve your workplace relationships as well as your personal relationships in general. If you have never completed a communications course of this type, you are missing out on understanding some of the most fundamental concepts that will have a profound effect on your success in the workplace and life in general.
Lesson 1 - Adjusting your style for a better approach
- Communicating when stressed
Lesson 2 - Beyond Verbal Communication
- Understanding the Mehrabian Study
- All About Body Language
- Para-Verbal Communication Skills
- The Power of Pitch
- The Truth about Tone
- The Strength of Speed
Lesson 3 - Active Listening
- 8 Common Barriers to Effective Listening and how to overcome them
- Quadrant of cognitive/explanatory styles
- Understanding Active Listening
- Sending Good Signals to Others
- Ladder of Inference
Lesson 4 - Asking Good Questions
- Open Questions
- Closed Questions
- Probing Questions
PD Training is dedicated to immersive and inspirational learning experiences for busy adults. We believe courseware should keep pace with changes in workplaces and technology. So we have written our very own Signature Series that incorporates best practice in modern learner engagement, and continually improves based on trainer feedback, participant feedback, and innovations in best practice.
- 10 Years as a Global Workplace Learning Leader
- 6 Years of Delivering Live Online & Hybrid Workshops
- Over 1,300 Corporate, Government & NFPs Each Year
- Complete Training Courses Delivered - Live Online
- Bite-Size Learning
- Resources for you to use
- Professional Services & Support
- Halve your cost or double your value with our Partnerships, Memberships & Subscriptions
Welcome to the best adult learning experience in the industry!
For more information, please visit our website: pdtraining.com.au
31 March 2021
- Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM AEST
- Small classes, average 5 people, max 16
- Certificate of Completion (always available in the App)
- Comprehensive courseware as books (& available in the App)
- Live online interactive session with an expert trainer
After You Enrol
Once you have enrolled for your course, the provider will contact you with the associated credentials to access your course and confirm your course date and time.
Assessment and Study Requirements
This short course will not be assessed but will be facilitated by an expert trainer and include interacting with other students during each lesson.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations are subject to both the InspiringED.com Terms & Conditions and those of the institution delivering your course.
- A $250 InspiringED.com administration fee will apply for all cancellations requested after 48 hours of your enrollment.
- In the event of a cancellation, a full refund/or credit adjustment will be receivable to the client from PD Training ONLY if cancellation is made more than 10 business prior to the agreed date.
- Where cancellation is between 6-10 business days prior to the course delivery date a 50% refund will be offered to the client.
- Where cancellation is 5 business days prior to the course delivery date the full payment will be due/forfeited.
Your enrollment may be cancelled by completing our contact form HERE.
Taking the plunge into online study can be daunting. So, don’t just take our word for it, read these encouraging testimonials from past students on how the experience of education has had a profound impact on their life.
"Very interesting simplifying behaviours that we use daily whilst communicating, breaking it down into parts i.e. body language, tone conveys messages as strongly as words do." "Your company is very lucky to have Mark on board! Mark was probably one of the best presenters/coaches I've ever come across in my 20 year office careers involving countless training sessions on various topics. His energy and demeanour is contagious, and he is very motivating and engaging. I got a lot of value out of the course and his time. I can't wait to put his tips and tricks to use in work AND personal life." - Chubb Insurance Australia Limited
"I found that some of the information i received and learned from the communications course can help me not only with my job but also my everyday life." "The trainer was very knowledgeable on communications in the workplace. He was amicable and display a good sense of humour and provided practicable problems that you could work through together. He provided some wonderful learning games that proved to be humorous and engaging in a group setting. Over all a wonderful training day that has improved my communication skill set." - Community Gro
"Best course I have ever attended. A great day learning from our trainer, manuals, food, environment, information. The way and structure in which the course was run made you feel comfortable and learning easy. I wasn't bored but engaged the whole day. Wasn't made feel pressured or stressed but rather comfortable right from the start. I would highly recommend this course and our trainer and would love to do further courses with this style of training and trainer." "Very relaxed and interactive environment. Learnt a lot about myself and ways I can improve my communication both in the workplace and socially." - Weleda Australia