Learning Delivery Mode - Virtual Training
This mode of learning is also known as virtual learning or a virtual classroom. It is similar to face to face training, except you attend via video using Zoom or similar software. You will have structured “classes” to attend virtually.
Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) at a glance
Emotional intelligence is a skill. And like any other skill, you can get better at it with training and practice. It allows you to read the personality style of individuals and adjust your communications accordingly without being controlled by your underlying emotions.
After completing this course participants will have learned how to:
- Know how to read emotions
- Understand your own level of emotional intelligence
- Use the Johari window to understand what you reveal to others about yourself and what others reveal to you
- Understand resilience and how to build it
- Understand social awareness and empathy and how to be more empathic and socially aware
- Understand how different cultures respond to and display emotions
- Know how to influence others positively
- Know how to have emotionally intelligent conversations
- Understand manipulation and emotional dishonesty and how to avoid it
- Understand how to lead with emotional intelligence
This one-day training course is useful for anyone who leads or works with other people, no matter what size the organisation. This course will focus on the five core competencies of emotional intelligence: self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation, and empathy, and it also includes a review of your interpersonal skills.
Lesson 1 - EQ - A Passing Fad?
- The Power of Emotions
- The Limbic System
- Useful Models of Emotional Intelligence
Lesson 2 - I Feel Therefore I Am
- Tuning In to Your Own Emotions
- Johari Window
Lesson 3 - The Emotions of Others
- Interpersonal skills
- Social Awareness and Empathy
- Emotions and Culture
PD Training is dedicated to immersive and inspirational learning experiences for busy adults. We believe courseware should keep pace with changes in workplaces and technology. So we have written our very own Signature Series that incorporates best practice in modern learner engagement, and continually improves based on trainer feedback, participant feedback, and innovations in best practice.
- 10 Years as a Global Workplace Learning Leader
- 6 Years of Delivering Live Online & Hybrid Workshops
- Over 1,300 Corporate, Government & NFPs Each Year
- Complete Training Courses Delivered - Live Online
- Bite-Size Learning
- Resources for you to use
- Professional Services & Support
- Halve your cost or double your value with our Partnerships, Memberships & Subscriptions
Welcome to the best adult learning experience in the industry!
For more information, please visit our website: pdtraining.com.au
14 April 2021
- Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM AEST
- Small classes, average 5 people, max 16
- Certificate of Completion (always available in the App)
- Comprehensive courseware as books (& available in the App)
- Live online interactive session with an expert trainer
After You Enrol
Once you have enrolled for your course, the provider will contact you with the associated credentials to access your course and confirm your course date and time.
Assessment and Study Requirements
This short course will not be assessed but will be facilitated by an expert trainer and include interacting with other students during each lesson.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations are subject to both the InspiringED.com Terms & Conditions and those of the institution delivering your course.
- A $250 InspiringED.com administration fee will apply for all cancellations requested after 48 hours of your enrollment.
- In the event of a cancellation, a full refund/or credit adjustment will be receivable to the client from PD Training ONLY if cancellation is made more than 10 business prior to the agreed date.
- Where cancellation is between 6-10 business days prior to the course delivery date a 50% refund will be offered to the client.
- Where cancellation is 5 business days prior to the course delivery date the full payment will be due/forfeited.
Your enrollment may be cancelled by completing our contact form HERE.
Taking the plunge into online study can be daunting. So, don’t just take our word for it, read these encouraging testimonials from past students on how the experience of education has had a profound impact on their life.
"Discussion in class was enlightening - sometimes in a situation you feel you haven't handled it well and the discussion highlighted situations where others had felt the same - this was good for me to realise that I'm not alone in some situations. I have since looked back over the worksheets and manual and have become more self-aware, especially in social situations I can look back and determine what my triggers are when I become defensive or emotionally upset by the words/actions of others." - Women in Mining Network (WIMnet)
"Candy was an outstanding trainer who provided an amazing amount of information, examples and self-awareness activities; demonstrating the vast amount of experience she has in her field. She made me feel incredibly comfortable and was an absolute pleasure to interact with. This was my first course with PD Training and I will be highly recommending these services to my managers and superiors for future reference." - Westpac
"Most useful: The discussions during the course focuses on tools and techniques to resolve the problems identified with EQ rather than just identifying/classifying people. Also appreciated that the trainer highlights that the most important is to practice the tools and techniques and to allow mistakes and learn from them." - Woodside Energy Ltd