Learning Delivery Mode - Virtual Training
This mode of learning is also known as virtual learning or a virtual classroom. It is similar to face to face training, except you attend via video using Zoom or similar software. You will have structured “classes” to attend virtually.
Facilitation Skills at a glance
Facilitation is often referred to as the new cornerstone of management philosophy. With its focus on fairness and creating easy decision making, good facilitation can help any organisation have improved staff communications and interactions and ultimately make better decisions.
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Understand the role and purpose of facilitating
- Understand a decision-making process and how to apply De Bono’s Six Thinking Hats
- Understand convergent and divergent thinking and when to encourage each
- Understand how to exercise control when facilitating and how to deal with challenges
- Understand how to facilitate virtually and the challenges that this brings
This Facilitation training course will give participants an understanding of what facilitation is all about, as well as some tools that they can use when facilitating small meetings with staff.
Lesson 1 - Making Decisions
- Tell Me Again, Why are We Here?
- Divergent and Convergent Thinking
- Building Consensus and Inclusive Solutions
Lesson 2 - Maximising Interaction
- Exercising Control
- Encouraging Participation
- Dealing with Challenges
Lesson 3 - Virtual facilitation
- Maintaining Engagement
PD Training is dedicated to immersive and inspirational learning experiences for busy adults. We believe courseware should keep pace with changes in workplaces and technology. So we have written our very own Signature Series that incorporates best practice in modern learner engagement, and continually improves based on trainer feedback, participant feedback, and innovations in best practice.
- 10 Years as a Global Workplace Learning Leader
- 6 Years of Delivering Live Online & Hybrid Workshops
- Over 1,300 Corporate, Government & NFPs Each Year
- Complete Training Courses Delivered - Live Online
- Bite-Size Learning
- Resources for you to use
- Professional Services & Support
- Halve your cost or double your value with our Partnerships, Memberships & Subscriptions
Welcome to the best adult learning experience in the industry!
For more information, please visit our website: pdtraining.com.au
14 April 2021
- Time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM AEST
- Small classes, average 5 people, max 16
- Certificate of Completion (always available in the App)
- Comprehensive courseware as books (& available in the App)
- Live online interactive session with an expert trainer
After You Enrol
Once you have enrolled for your course, the provider will contact you with the associated credentials to access your course and confirm your course date and time.
Assessment and Study Requirements
This short course will not be assessed but will be facilitated by an expert trainer and include interacting with other students during each lesson.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations are subject to both the InspiringED.com Terms & Conditions and those of the institution delivering your course.
- A $250 InspiringED.com administration fee will apply for all cancellations requested after 48 hours of your enrollment.
- In the event of a cancellation, a full refund/or credit adjustment will be receivable to the client from PD Training ONLY if cancellation is made more than 10 business prior to the agreed date.
- Where cancellation is between 6-10 business days prior to the course delivery date a 50% refund will be offered to the client.
- Where cancellation is 5 business days prior to the course delivery date the full payment will be due/forfeited.
Your enrollment may be cancelled by completing our contact form HERE.
Taking the plunge into online study can be daunting. So, don’t just take our word for it, read these encouraging testimonials from past students on how the experience of education has had a profound impact on their life.
"I found the course was suitably tailored to assist personnel with limited or no facilitation experience. Helen's insight and experience helped participants gain a better understanding of the role of facilitator and introduced activities that will undoubtedly assist facilitator to meet Objectives. Thanks Helen I found course extremely beneficial." - Royal Australian Air Force
"Our trainer was excellent. She tailored the day to our particular needs, and she was very flexible - allowing us extra time to discuss issues of most relevance to us. She was engaging and very adept at making people feel very comfortable talking about themselves and issues in a way that work colleagues might find difficult ordinarily. I cannot recommend her highly enough as a trainer." - Department of Environment and Resource Management
"All of the content was very valuable however I think the part that stands out most was the structure of how to facilitate and the reasons behind getting to know your participants. the profiling also was invaluable and how the facilitate to a certain type of audience was very interesting. I also like some of the theories behind why do things in a certain way depending on the personalities within the group. Thank you." - Flourish Australia