- Ingredients used for practicing all recipes
- Costs to purchase any technology and/or kitchen equipment that you may not have, but need to use in the program
- Cost of your internet access
- Any printing you choose to do from the study guides
- Access to a well-equipped home/industry kitchen for practical lessons
Special Diets at a glance
In order to be able to prepare foods that fulfil nutritional and dietary requirements as well as specific cultural or religious needs, a thorough understanding of the underpinning information is necessary.
Throughout the course you will learn:
- The impacts of nutrition and guidelines
- Adjusting recipes
- Healthy related diets
- Understanding safe ingredients and cross contamination
- Food sensitivity and allergies
- Recommendations for healthy eating for diabetics
- Texture modification
- Health and legal consequences
- Diets for coeliac, gluten free, restricting sodium, diabetics, cholesterol, weight loss
- Religion-based and cultural diets preparation and cooking for religion
- Healthy diets and menus
Our Professional Special Diets Course has been designed to give you the tools to become an expert in adapting a recipe to a specific diet whether it is based on health reasons or religious beliefs. Any chef working in the health, childcare, or aged care sector must know how to create meals that fulfill the dietary requirements of the clients of the institution and work with dietitians to ensure that the recommended dietary intake is achieved.
- Join a global community of online culinary students just like you
- Receive one on one tuition, mentoring, and feedback with your Chef Instructor
- Fit your study programme into your own schedule
- Have access to all the course material required to complete the modules and assessments
- Complete your course with real skills that will help you succeed in today’s competitive workplace
- Have a completed e-portfolio (online CV) and be ready to apply for the job you have always dreamed of
- Personal login to our Learner Management System
- No need to take time off to attend classes
- Access to our Hi-Contact teaching model designed to ensure successful course completion for all students
Our online platform is exciting, interactive, and user-friendly – Quality education online from any kitchen. Our team is on hand and ready to get you started in achieving your Culinary dreams!
International Culinary Studio is the only blended online culinary educator in New Zealand accredited by the World Chefs’ Association, something we are very proud of. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, we are committed to providing professional, excellent technology-driven education that comprises accredited courses as well as a range of industry-specific, hobby, and Junior Chef online culinary courses internationally.
This course is self-paced and can be completed in as little as 40 hours, or up to a maximum duration of 3 months.
Please note that it may take up to 72 business hours for your enrolment to be processed and to receive your course logins to begin studying.
After You Enrol
Once enrolled in the course, you will be provided with Personal online logins to the International Culinary Studios Learner Management System, which contains all study materials and videos.
The studies you will complete from your own home or workplace, via our Learner Management System. Our Key Benefits will ensure that you stay motivated whilst studying with the International Culinary Studio. Once registered, your student experience will be accessible, and your learning material available on any pc, portable, or mobile smart device (Technology Program Requirements). Our Chef Instructors will be available and will guide you through your program to successful course completion.
Assessment and Course Requirements
Please note this course does not require any actual cooking but does require you to be able to create menu items using the knowledge you have learned during the course.
Please note you need to prepare and take into account the following additional costs, depending on your program:
On completion of this course, you will be awarded the International Culinary Studio Certificate of Achievement*, a Digital Badge, and an Online E-portfolio.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations are subject to both the InspiringED.com Terms & Conditions and those of the institution delivering your course.
- A $250 InspiringED.com administration fee will apply for all cancellations requested after 48 hours of your enrollment.
- Students are entitled to a refund of the course fees paid subject to International Culinary Studio less any applicable withdrawal fees, on withdrawal, if they apply in writing and is received no later than 28 consecutive days from the official start date of the enrolment period.
- Students who withdraw after 28 consecutive days from the official start of the enrolment period are not entitled to any refund of course or administrative fees.
Your enrollment may be cancelled by completing our contact form HERE.
Taking the plunge into online study can be daunting. So, don’t just take our word for it, read these encouraging testimonials from past students on how the experience of education has had a profound impact on their life.
"Studying online is so convenient, I can fit my training in around everything else that I am doing and there is no waiting around either. It is much faster and easier, and I like learning as I go and being able to progress at my own pace. I thought studying online would be hard, but I am really enjoying it."
"I thought it would be hard to stay motivated, but it has not been, and I set a goal of completing 1-2 assessments per week. The mentors have been useful, and I recommend making full use of them while studying. They are incredibly happy to answer questions and to provide guidance." - Sarah H
"Working full time and also looking after a family of four, I really loved the concept of ICS’ Diploma where you are able to prove your learning through online materials/digital platform without having to go through schooling and therefore putting your life on hold for the time of diploma. This has enabled me to continue working as normal and when time allows, going through my learning programmes whenever I have a chance. On this programme you have the flexibility to study from anywhere, at any
time and this is a huge bonus for people who have continually active lifestyles but are still seeking to pursue their passions." - Marine V