- Ingredients used for practicing all recipes
- Costs to purchase any technology and/or kitchen equipment that you may not have, but need to use in the program
- Cost of your internet access
- Any printing you choose to do from the study guides
- Access to a well-equipped home/industry kitchen for practical lessons
- YOU MUST HAVE ACCESS TO A COMMERCIAL ESPRESSON MACHINE FOR PRACTICAL ASSIGNMENTS
The Barista Course
The Barista Course at a glance
This course will enable you to demonstrate knowledge of commercial espresso coffee equipment and prepare espresso beverages under supervision.
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Confidently make a range of espresso coffees and beverages
- Understand how to use an espresso commercial coffee machine
- Keep your commercial coffee machine equipment clean
One of the hottest global culinary trends continues to surge in popularity – Café Culture. This lively scene has some big players in the culinary world hitting the food markets and festivals with their produce and creating a storm with their unique cuisines and culinary style. Our hugely popular Barista course will give you the skills and tools to help you succeed in the cutting-edge Café culture industry.
The International Culinary Studio is one of only 100 culinary schools recognised worldwide by the World Chefs Association. The Barista course is a combination of modules from our accredited courses, and skills chefs in the industry have requested our courses include.
This program is ideal for those who want to learn professional techniques and skills in specialized culinary areas, who either don’t require an accredited qualification or already have an accredited qualification.
- Join a global community of online culinary students just like you
- Receive one on one tuition, mentoring, and feedback with your Chef Instructor
- Fit your study program into your own schedule
- Have access to all the course material required to complete the modules and assessments
- Complete your course with real skills that will help you succeed in today’s competitive workplace
- Have a completed e-portfolio (online CV) and be ready to apply for the job you have always dreamed of
- Personal login to our Learner Management System
- No need to take time off to attend classes
- Access to our Hi-Contact teaching model designed to ensure successful course completion for all students
Our online platform is exciting, interactive, and user-friendly – Quality education online from any kitchen. Our team is on hand and ready to get you started in achieving your Culinary dreams! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us. Our team is on hand to assist you with everything you may need.
International Culinary Studio is the only blended online culinary educator in New Zealand accredited by the World Chefs’ Association, something we are very proud of. Based in Christchurch, New Zealand, we are committed to providing professional, excellent technology-driven education that comprises accredited courses as well as a range of industry-specific, hobby, and Junior Chef online culinary courses internationally.
Taught by industry-leading chef educators, blended learning combines in-person teaching and online education, which is a transition away from the days when a teacher would stand up in front of a room and lecture for an hour. This is largely thanks to the rapid development of technology, which allows us to learn at a faster, broader rate. The blended learning approach is extremely flexible, meaning that hospitality students can study and work at the same time.
We work closely with our students to offer our unique career-related program which includes an industry externship, ensuring students gain the necessary skills to be confident in a commercial culinary environment.
The advantages of being a Student at International Culinary Studio and using our Student Learner System:
- Modern use of learning tools and training techniques
- We have step by step videos and photographs on how to complete the practical dishes
- The online material is easy to access, and one can review over the block of learning as many times as required
- Our learning material is broken down into small manageable segments, working on the model of ‘read, revise and do’
- You have a Chef Instructor who is there to assist you during your learning process, support and checks on progress, be in regular email contact, available for video chatting as required. He/she will mark all your assignments and will guide you on how the submissions should look
- You have access to a Student Administrator who is available to answer any non-course related queries and offer support as needed
- The Academic Head ensures that all students meet their weekly milestones and are treated in a fair and consistent manner and is available to students as required
- We use a Hi Contact model where we have weekly ongoing interaction with the students through #Monday Motivation, #Thursday Trends, thus keeping the student engaged throughout the program and ensuring higher completion and engagement rates
- The course includes excellent support material including 100s of recipe video’s which can be adapted to the number of portions, these are all printable
- Students are trained in Food Costing and Numeracy
- The Glossary is excellent, and the system can read the French words aloud to help students with pronunciation
- All students work is added to their electronic portfolio of evidence and downloadable on successful completion of the program of study
- Study tips and guidelines are included in the course library
- Chef instructor notes, videos, etc. can be uploaded for students’ access
- Students can see other student’s responses to discussions, this ensures peer to peer learning is incorporated into the courses
- All the courseware is available via an app and can be viewed on a phone allowing ‘on the go’ learning
- All course correspondence, outlines, and some of the course material can be translated using Google translate if required
- The system can read the course to the student – helping students who may have learning difficulties e.g. dyslexia
This course is self-paced and can be completed in as little as two weeks, or up to a maximum duration of 3 months.
Please note that it may take up to 72 business hours for your enrolment to be processed and to receive your course logins to begin studying.
- YOU MUST HAVE ACCESS TO A COMMERCIAL ESPRESSON MACHINE FOR PRACTICAL ASSIGNMENTS
After You Enrol
Once enrolled in the course, you will be provided with Personal online logins to the International Culinary Studios Learner Management System, which contains all study materials and videos (Please note that it may take up to 72 business hours for login details to be received).
The studies you will complete from your own home or workplace, via our Learner Management System. Our Key Benefits will ensure that you stay motivated whilst studying with the International Culinary Studio. Once registered, your student experience will be accessible and your learning material available on any pc, portable or mobile smart device (Technology Program Requirements). Our Chef Instructors will be available and will guide you through your program to successful course completion.
Assessment and Course Requirements
Please note you need to prepare and take into account the following additional costs, depending on your program:
On completion of this course, you will be awarded the International Culinary Studio Certificate of Achievement*, a Digital Badge, and an Online E-portfolio.
Cancellations & Refunds
All cancellations are subject to both the InspiringED.com Terms & Conditions and those of the institution delivering your course.
- A $250 InspiringED.com administration fee will apply for all cancellations requested after 48 hours of your enrollment.
- Students are entitled to a refund of the course fees paid subject to International Culinary Studio less any applicable withdrawal fees, on withdrawal, if they apply in writing and is received no later than 28 consecutive days from the official start date of the enrolment period.
- Students who withdraw after 28 consecutive days from the official start of the enrolment period are not entitled to any refund of course or administrative fees.
Your enrollment may be cancelled by completing our contact form HERE.
Taking the plunge into online study can be daunting. So, don’t just take our word for it, read these encouraging testimonials from past students on how the experience of education has had a profound impact on their life.
"Studying online is so convenient, I can fit my training in around everything else that I am doing and there is no waiting around either. It is much faster and easier, and I like learning as I go and being able to progress at my own pace. I thought studying online would be hard, but I am really enjoying it."
"I thought it would be hard to stay motivated, but it has not been, and I set a goal of completing 1-2 assessments per week. The mentors have been useful, and I recommend making full use of them while studying. They are incredibly happy to answer questions and to provide guidance." - Sarah H
"Working full time and also looking after a family of four, I really loved the concept of ICS’ Diploma where you are able to prove your learning through online materials/digital platform without having to go through schooling and therefore putting your life on hold for the time of diploma. This has enabled me to continue working as normal and when time allows, going through my learning programmes whenever I have a chance. On this programme you have the flexibility to study from anywhere, at any
time and this is a huge bonus for people who have continually active lifestyles but are still seeking to pursue their passions." - Marine V